Here's some quick tips and tricks that people often forget about or hate doing when cleaning that actually make a difference.
January 20th, 2016
- Wash your sinks and dry them right away.
- Once a week clean the inside of your dishwasher either using a dishwasher cleaner or simply sprinkle some baking soda or vinegar (which ever you prefer) in it and run it through a regular cycle.
- Wash and disinfect inside and outside of your waste, recycling and compost bins once a week.
- Rub a teaspoon of lemon oil on your glass shower doors or shower walls. This will have the water bead off and also prevent soap scum build up.
- Once a month throw your shower curtain liner in the washing machine with some towels. Then hang dry it.
- In the bathroom take some toilet paper and dampen it. Run the toilet paper along all floor edges. This is where the bulk of the dirt and hair is.
- Always clean top to bottom as dust, dirt and hair fall.
- Scoop your litter box every time you put on a load of laundry.
- When you see a mark, dirt or finger print on glass or a mirror take only a dry Terri-towel cloth and wipe it away.
- Make your bed daily. The impact it makes on a room is amazing.
- When your on the phone fold laundry, make beds, unload or load dishwasher, do some dusting or windows.
- Straighten out the shoe area. It's amazing the difference it makes.
- Wash all counter tops.
- Wash window sills weekly.
- Wash and dry your pets food and water dishes.
- Vacuum the cats scratch post.
- Dust the ceiling vent in the bathroom.
- Spray WD-40 onto a micro-fibre cloth and then wipe with the grain on your stainless steel appliances. This will help repel dust and finger prints and give the appliances a beautiful shine.
- Once a month clean your washing machine.
- When vacuuming take two minutes to vacuum the couch exterior and under the cushions. Also vacuum over the pets bedding.
We hope you enjoyed these tips, tricks and reminders to help make your cleaning more effective and easier. Clean smart not hard.